Recent Water Damage Posts
Clogged Sinks and Water Damage in Broomfield, CO
Water damage can happen after a sink overflows.
As home or business owners, you know that many things can go wrong. One common problem is the kitchen sink. Sinks can get clogged, pipes can burst, and they can overflow. SERVPRO Broomfield/Arvada is always on-call and ready to save the day for Broomfield residents!
Here are some useful tips for when the water starts flowing out of the sink and on to the floor:
- Use a pitcher or any other type of large cup to get water out of your sink
- If you have a food disposal connected to the sink, check that and make sure it is not clogged
- Keep an eye on any water damage because this could lead to mold
- Shut off the faucet that allows water to flow to your sink
- If a clog is not solving itself, grab the plunger – they are not just for toilets
Broomfiled residents and business owners are encouraged to call SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada if the job becomes too much and water is overflowing all over the floor. We have highly trained professionals that are ready to head to any home or commercial building when cleanup or restoration is needed after any type of water damage. We are open 24/7 for your convenience and (303)452-9900
Who To Call After a Toilet Leak in Broomfield, CO
Call SERVPRO for help with water damage after a toilet leak.
Toilets can start leaking or backup for all sorts of reasons, leaving you with water damage in your home or business. Some common causes are:
- A wax ring failure
- A poor connection of the supply line
- A crack in the tank
- A clog in the bowl or farther down the line
- A poor connection of the value in the tank causing water to run and overfill the bowl
Whatever the reason, we can help with water damage due to a leaky toilet. Our teams of trained, experienced, knowledgeable, and professional technicians are able to come out and assess the damage with you and walk through the best options for you and your home.
Every instance of property damage is different and we know that every solution needs to be as unique as the family who calls the house home. When property damage like a toilet leak affects your home or office, make sure to call SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada. We'll be ready 24/7, 365 to help you make it “Like it never even happened.”
Restore Your Business and Documents After Water Damage Strikes in Broomfield, CO
Act fast when water damage strikes to salvage damaged documents and other important belongings in Broomfield, CO.
When water damage strikes it can cause damage to both the property structure and it can also affect the contents of the building including important documentation. When documents and contents for your business get wet from a pipe break or sprinkler system malfunction, the team at SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada is here to help you restore not only the structure but also the contents.
We know that when your business is in need it needs to be done the right way, right away.
When you call SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada, we have crews available to respond and begin the water removal and drying process immediately. We will also begin restoring and cleaning any items that can be salvaged, including important documentation.
Our goal is to help get things back up and running as quickly as possible so that you can get back to serving your customers. Call SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada day or night 365 days a year for assistance with water damage and mitigation at (303)452-9900.
Testimonials for SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada Water Damage Assistance
Leaks can cause extensive water damage if they are not dealt with quickly and professionally.
SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada is proud to provide our community with fast and attentive service in case of water damage in your home. Here are a couple of testimonials that we hope make you feel comfortable choosing SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada today!
“During a cold snap we had a pipe freeze in our basement. We called the plumber out and of course when he warmed them up they burst! I called Shilo with SERVPRO and she had her team on the phone with me in less than an hour. They were here fast and on top of cleanup within hours! The team was polite, attentive and in constant communication. When it was time to remove the floor and dry wall they were clean, fast, together and did not spread mess anywhere. I am thankful for SERVPRO of Broomfield/ Arvada team and would recommend them!!!
“We had a Soap tray fall off the shower tile in the kids bathroom. Woke up to water all over, and it had leaked into the garage. We called SERVPRO and they sent our Enrique, Houston and Brian. Not only did they show up within a few hours, they set up Dehumidifiers and Fans, cleaned up the excess water and because their response was SO fast, they ended up saving us THOUSANDS of dollars in damage. (seriously, all we need to do is put the soap tray back up). Houston and Brian were SO nice, so polite and extremely professional. They went WAY above and beyond my expectations in making sure there was no more water/moisture or any mold. They even crawled into the rafters of my garage multiple times with a moisture detector!
They did this while also dealing with the Marshall Fire damage in Superior Colorado (we live in Parker). PLEASE call these gentlemen if you need ANY sort of disaster recovery! I will absolutely call them if I (hopefully not) need any more of their services. Thank you Houston for the great communication as well!
Call SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada at (303)452-9900 for your water damage restoration needs day or night, 365 days a year. We make it “Like it never even happened.”
American Family Insurance names SERVPRO as Preferred Partner in Emergency Water Removal Program
SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada provides emergency water removal so that you can get your home or business back to preloss condition in Colorado
SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada is one of the leaders in water remediation and we are trusted by our clients to do timely and effective work related to water damage.
We are proud to have been selected as a preferred vendor for American Family Insurance for their Emergency Water Removal Program.
From the American Family Emergency Water Removal Program informational page:
“The earlier you begin the water damage mitigation process, the less likely it is that additional damage will occur to your property. Our Emergency Water Removal Program vendors focus on drying affected structural components in place as opposed to demolition — meaning less damage, lower reconstruction costs and generally a shorter period of time necessary to get your home back to preloss condition.
Our preferred contractors are your advocates. They have a common goal to provide a rapid and efficient removal of water problems you might encounter in your home.”
SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada is committed to providing outstanding service to our clients 365 days a year to make it “Like it never even happened.” If you are in need of assistance with water mitigation, call (303)494-2000 and we will be there for you quicker than you can say burst pipe!
Things to do for Water Damage until Help Arrives in Northglenn
Are you swimming unhappily in water from a flood? Call us for help!
Walking into a flooded home or business is never a good way to start the day in Northglenn! If you find yourself dealing with wet, soggy furniture, carpeting, etc., give SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada a call at 303-452-9900 and we will begin the restoration process.
While you are waiting for SERVPRO to arrive, there are a few things you can do, if you choose, but first make sure the building or home is safe to enter.
SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada Wants You to Remember:
- Wet surfaces are slippery
- Make sure electrical power is off before you handle devices
- Make sure you are standing on a dry area before you turn on the electric power
- Waterlogged materials are heavy
SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada suggests you:
- Remove excess water with mops and/or towels
- Wipe water from wood furniture or other items
- Place foil or blocks between furniture and wet carpeting
- Turn on dehumidifiers or air-conditioning if it is safe
- Move colored items from wet carpeting
- Move loose items from the floor or counters
- Remember that mold starts growing within 24 hours
- Stay away from rooms that have sagging ceilings
- Remove wet cushions. Prop them upright to dry
- Move artwork to a safe, dry place
- Start drying items ASAP
More helpful tips: https://www.fema.gov/fact-sheet/returning-home-after-flood
Faster to your Broomfield Water Damage Event
SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada provides 24-hour fire and water damage restoration service in Broomfield, Arvada, Westminster, Adams County and more.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 303-452-9900
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada
SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- SRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- OSHA - 30-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- OCT - Odor Control Technician
- OSHA - 10-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- IICRC Certified Firm
Commercial Flood Insurance in Broomfield
Protect your Business with Flood Insurance in Broomfield, Arvada and surrounding areas.
The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) provides flood insurance. The NFIP doesn’t sell insurance. Buy flood insurance from an insurance agent.
SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada is interested in helping the businesses in our community become more educated on flood insurance. According to FEMA, 40% of small businesses do not reopen after experiencing a devastating flood.
Things to know in Broomfield:
Check to see if you might be required to have flood insurance.
Some agencies in Broomfield charge the same for flood insurance
- Standard commercial insurance doesn’t pay for flood damage
- The NFIP sets the rates
- Rates depend on:
- whether you live in a flood plain
- flood risk in your area
- building’s age
- building’s construction
- Building property insurance covers the building
- Personal property insurance covers the building’s contents
- NFIP suggests you need both types
- Policies go into effect 30 days after purchase
- The NFIP help center number is 877-336-2627.
SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada recommends the following:
- Check whether or not your area participates in the NFIP
- Check whether or not your area is part of the Community Rating. The NFIP might have a discount
- Talk to your insurance agent when you need to make changes
Make sure your place of business is protected from the devastation that comes with unwanted flooding.
Water Damage! Now What?!
Water Damage is a nightmare, we can help!
If you've ever experienced water damage you know that there isn't much you can do to prepare you for the shock!
In the aftermath of a flood or other water damage, you usually end up staring at puddles and damaged flooring wondering, "Now what?"
After the initial shock of the flooding, it's time to assess and do water damage repair— quickly! Wet materials start developing very serious problems like mold after around 24 hours. You don't have time to wait.
When you call SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada, we are immediately there to help you! Our customer care center is fully staffed 24 hours a day and ready to dispatch our Professionals directly to you! When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the damage.
What you can expect
When our Professionals arrive they will identify and stop the water source and identify the type of water. The type of water contamination will affect the specific restoration processes used to restore your property.
Believe it or not, there are three types of water.
- White - water from rain, condensation, leaky pipes, etc.
- Gray - slightly dirty water from dishwashers, washing machines, clean toilets, etc.
- Black - comes from sewage or serious flooding from nearby rivers, etc. This water contains waste, bacteria, and other serious contaminants. Black water can cause very serious health effects, and you shouldn't try to clean it up yourself.
After the water has been stopped and identified, our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process. Depending on the amount of water, they may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. This step helps to reduce drying time and helps to prevent mold and secondary water damage.
Next, our Professionals will survey the extent of the water damage and inspect the area to discover the full extent of the water damage. They will also look for safety concerns and explain them to you.
After the water removal step, your floors and walls may look dry at first glance, but they are still wet to the touch. Most building materials, like drywall and wood, are porous and will retain significant water. The retained water will cause these materials to warp, swell, or break down and can also cause mold damage.
Next, our professionals will use specialized equipment, including industrial air movers and dehumidifiers, to remove water retained by building materials and other hard-to-access moisture. They’ll carefully monitor the progress using moisture meters until the materials are dry.
After the moisture has all been removed, your property’s walls, floors, and other surfaces will likely need professional cleaning. Our Professionals will clean your furniture, upholstery, clothing, and other restorable personal items, damaged by the water.
The final step is restoration. Restoration is the process of restoring your home or business to its pre-water damage condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall and installing new carpet or may entail major repairs, such as the reconstruction of various areas of your property.
Water damage can be catastrophic in your home, especially if it’s been going on for a while. The good news is that SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada is here to help! The sooner you take action, and the sooner you call our Professionals the less disastrous the whole situation will be!
Does Your Broomfield Home Have a Mold Problem?
Even in as dry of a climate as Broomfield, mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada Today – 303-452-9900
We Go Beyond
SERVPRO Broomfield/Arvada goes beyond
Sometimes our work goes beyond what typical restoration companies offer. Not only do we specialize in water mitigation, we are a full turnkey Class B General Contractor. We also carry certifications as a General Abatement Contractor for asbestos abatement, Methamphetamine Decontamination Firm, lead abatement, trauma and bio cleanups and small chemical spill response, all produced in-house.
Please check out a recent client’s review after calling on SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada to respond to an emergency water loss. During the process of water mitigation, we discovered asbestos vinyl flooring under the ceramic tile in her kitchen. SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada notified the environmental division which was able to respond within 24 hours so that job production could continue seamlessly.
This project is currently in the restoration phase and is on schedule and on budget.
It’s important when selecting a restoration contractor, that they have the inhouse capabilities to perform all work for better overall results and customer experience.
Call SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada today at (303)452-9900. We can make your worst day “Like it never even happened.”
Review: "Chris was very clear and responsive in setting up the job. He referred us to their partner, SERVPRO to GC the job . Specialty did a really good job of clearing the house of asbestos following a water leak. They were punctual and thorough. They were a bit haphazard about the removal of our fixtures... Screws and plumbing bits weren't kept with the fixtures. They left some mess... Tape and staples still in the wall, our screen left open, etc."
Water Damage Tips
You can count on SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada to take care of any and all water losses.
Water damage can happen to your Arvada home or business in many different ways.
In this blog, we will outline some of the most common sources of water damage. It's very likely that you have had water damage at one point or another, or may know someone who has.
If you think about water damaging your home, you might imagine the cause to be from a severe storm. The unfortunate reality is that most water damages are caused when ordinary household appliances fail. It's important to know the areas around your home that pose a threat for damage, and what to do after it happens.
Washing machine leaks are among the most common causes of flood damage in a home and can result in significant damage not only in the laundry room but also in adjacent rooms and areas. Some laundry rooms are located on the second floor of homes thus multi-level damage can occur. Remember to replace rubber and plastic hoses with reinforced steel braided hoses. Check connections periodically to make sure they are secure and replace the hoses every five years.
Sewer and Drain Backups
Sewer water has the potential to cause health issues, not to mention a disgusting smell. This can bring serious issues to the home or business owner. Water that backs up from a sewer is called "blackwater” and can contain all types of harmful contaminants. A professional cleanup company like SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada is highly recommended to help in the event that this happens. Call us! We will respond immediately to make your home safe again.
Bathroom water leaks cause significant damage to a home. This is especially true if the bathroom is located upstairs. The main culprit is usually a supply line to the shower or toilet. We can't see the copper pipes that carry the water inside the walls, but we can see and inspect the supply line to the toilet. It's a good idea to replace the older line with a stronger braided one. These steel braided hoses are less likely to fail and are a proactive way to lessen the chance of having a leak.
Colorado has beautiful winters and thankfully, we can enjoy fun outdoor winter activities. We can also experience extremely low temperatures. When outdoor temperatures drop and stay low and cold for even a few days, homes and businesses are likely to suffer from frozen pipes that then burst because the water inside those pipes freezes. As freezing water expands, it causes the pressure inside the pipes to increase which very likely can lead to bursting pipes. There are a few ways to help prevent this from happening:
Be sure to blow out your sprinkler system and detach garden hoses from exterior spigots. Insulate pipes, especially those close to outside walls, attics, and crawl spaces where the chance of freezing is greatest. Seal air leaks surrounding pipes and keep garage doors closed if there are water supply lines in the garage.
The copper pipe that brings in water to the ice maker might have a bad or loose connection, or it could be pinched. Like the other appliances in our homes, the fridge has a water supply line with continuous pressure. If that line becomes loose or broken in any way, water will spill out until the source is turned off. It's a great idea to familiarize yourself with where to shut the water off!
Sump Pump Failure
If you have a basement, you understand the importance of a sump pump. Without one, water can seep into your basement and cause lots of damage. One of the most common causes of a flooded basement is a sump pump that stops working. This could be that the pump is old and mechanically broken, but most likely, it's due to a power supply loss. When storms roll through, we can at times lose power to our homes. That's why it's so important to have a battery backup in place in the event this happens to you.
Call The Service Professionals
If you should suffer water damage, whether from a weather-related event or a cracked pipe, overflowing bathtub or toilet, call the water damage experts at SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada! You can reach us for 24-hour emergency service at: (303)452-9900. You can also click here to contact us online.
At SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada, we have specialized equipment, professional training, and certifications that allow us to restore your home or business to its pre-water damage condition and make it "Like it never even happened."
We Provide Water Damage Cleanup and Restoration Services to Mckay Landing
We’ll clean and restore your water damage in Adams County “Like it never even happened.”
Did you know that according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Colorado hail storms that occurred last July accounted for an estimated one billion dollars in damage to homes, businesses, and property? SERVPRO® of Broomfield/NW Adams County wants home and business owners in Mckay Landing to know that when you experience a water damage emergency, every second counts as the longer water remains standing, the higher the repair costs may be. This is because standing water can seep underneath floors into the subfloor and may cause structural damage that earlier intervention would have prevented. Our advanced water inspection, extraction, and drying equipment will be used to quickly restore your water damage to preloss condition in most cases. All cases are different, but here is an idea of the steps we take in response to a “typical” water damage emergency:
Step 1: Emergency Contact
Step 2: Inspection and Damage Assessment
Step 3: Water Removal/Water Extraction
Step 4: Drying and Dehumidification
Step 5: Cleaning and Repair
Step 6: Restoration
We hope you never need our emergency water repair services, but if you do SERVPRO® of Broomfield/NW Adams County is ready 24 hours a day to respond to your water damage emergency and will restore your Ara home or business “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 303-452-9900.
SERVPRO® of Broomfield/NW Adams County is independently owned and operated.
Water Cleanup and Restoration Services for Adams County
Water damage cleanup services in Westminster “Like it never even happened.”
Water damage can occur at any time and anywhere. Storms, floods, broken pipes, overflowing toilets, and failed appliances are just some of the many causes of water damage. SERVPRO® of Broomfield/NW Adams County wants commercial and residential property owners in Westminster to know that our team of highly trained technicians will respond to your water damage emergency quickly for any size water loss and will begin the extraction and mitigation process quickly. Here are the steps we take when commercial and residential restoration services are required:
- Emergency Contact: We are available 24 hours a day for any size water emergency
- Inspection and Damage Assessment: We will help to identify the source of water
- Water Removal and Water Extraction: We use pumps and extraction to quickly extract water from your property
- Drying: We calculate room size, temperature and relative humidity and install air movers and dehumidifiers to dry your home or business
- Cleaning and Sanitizing: We will clean the walls and flooring, furniture and other restorable belongings damaged by the water depending on possible bacteria in the water.
- Restoration: Depending on the extent of the damage we will repair the damaged walls, drywall and flooring as needed.
We are highly trained water damage specialists who will respond to any water emergency 24/7. SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County provides water cleanup and restoration services to Westminster business owners and residents helping to make it “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 303-452-9900.
SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County is independently owned and operated.
Water Damage Prevention Tips for Adams County
Water damage cleanup services in Federal Plaza.
Did you know that waiting one week to repair water damage can drastically increase the cost of the repairs? SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County wants commercial and residential property owners in Federal Plaza to know that our team of highly trained technicians will respond to your emergency quickly for any size water loss and will begin the extraction process quickly to begin the mitigation process. Once the water is removed, we will install specialized equipment in the damaged areas so building materials can dry as quickly as possible. Here are some tips to follow from the American Red Cross until help arrives:
- Keep the windows open and run fans – or keep windows shut and run dehumidifiers – to pull moisture out of wood floors and subfloors, beams, doors, etc.
- From wallboards to rugs, items that are not thoroughly dried can sprout mold and mildew
- Bring all soft items (such as sofas, clothing, bedding, and throw rugs) outside if possible – sunlight and wind will help them dry faster
- Throw out items that have absorbed water and cannot be cleaned or disinfected.
We are highly trained water damage specialists who will respond to any water damage emergency within 24 hours. SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County provides water cleanup and restoration services to Federal Plaza business owners and residents “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 303-452-9900.
SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County is independently owned and operated.
What to do when temperatures drop
Water damages from frozen pipes.
As temperatures continue to drop the likelihood of water damage in your home or office occurring due to a frozen pipe rises.
To Prevent Frozen Pipes
- Add caps to outdoor faucets
- Add additional insulation to water pipes on exterior walls
- Keep cabinet and cupboard doors open on exterior walls to help warm air circulate around pipes
In the case of frozen pipes
- Keep the faucet dripping
- Apply heat to the affected section of pipe with a heating pad or hairdryer
- Apply heat until full water pressure is restored
- If you still have trouble, call a licensed plumber.
If water damage does occur in your home or office our teams of experienced and knowledgeable crews are ready to respond 24/7, 365 and help you make it "Like it never even happened."
Prevent Frozen Pipes in Westminster
Prevent Frozen Pipes in Westminster
Westminster knows freezing weather. SERVPRO® of Broomfield/NW Adams County also knows the joys of a freeze are better outdoors than inside. When frozen pipes burst, they bring too much of the great outdoors to the inside. The Federal Emergency Management Association reports that every year, burst pipes damage at least one room in a quarter of a million homes or offices. SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County hopes these tips will prevent water damage from burst pipes.
Preparing the Pipes in Westminster:
• Know the risks: subfreezing weather, exposed pipes, uninsulated areas
• A cold snap is a day or more of temperatures that don't rise above 20 degrees F
• Wrap exposed pipes with several inches of pipe insulation
• Invest in insulation for the areas that have pipes – it will save you money
• Don't worry about wasting energy by keeping the thermostat up – keep the indoor temperature at least 55 degrees F, even if there will be no one at home or at the office
• During a cold snap, cold water dripping through a tap will prevent the pipes from freezing
• There's no need to water the grounds anyway, so remove hoses from the taps
• Keep cabinet doors open in kitchens and bathrooms so the warm air will circulate around the pipes
SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County will remediate storm damage or water damage “Like it never even happened”, but strongly believes in the power of prevention.
SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County is independently owned and operated.
Colder Weather means Freezing Pipes in Northglenn
Call SERVPRO® of Broomfield/NW Adams County to clean up standing water.
The fall weather is finally approaching which means winter will be here before we know it. Unfortunately for the residents of Northglenn, that means pipes will freeze which can lead to pipes bursting and flooding parts of the residential area. A flooded kitchen is not very fun to deal with, but luckily the trained professionals at SERVPRO® of Broomfield/NW Adams County know just what to do, and we get it done quickly.
Here are some common guidelines to follow when preventing and thawing frozen pipes:
- Remove and drain all outside hoses and close the inside valves
- Add additional insulation to basements, crawl spaces and attics
- Keep garage doors closed if there are water supply lines located there
- During very cold Northglenn nights, keep kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors open to allow warm air to flow around the pipes
- Allow the pipes to have a small drip throughout the night as well
If your pipes are frozen, try the following:
- Carefully run a small flow of water through the faucet as this will allow the ice to melt while the water is running
- Apply heat to the frozen section of the pipe using an electric heating pad, a hair dryer, or towels wet with hot water
- If the pipe ends up bursting, call SERVPRO® of Broomfield/NW Adams County to help clean up and restore the affected area(s)
SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County is independently owned and operated.
Don’t let a Wet Floor Stress you out in Mckay Landing
Call SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County when your home or office experiences water damage.
Any type of damage inside of a house can be frustrating but one of the more stressful situations is a residential flood. In the middle of a disaster such as a flooded home, it can be hard to figure out where to start when it comes to cleaning up and restoring the damaged area. That is where SERVPRO® of Broomfield/NW Adams County comes in. We are ready to help when called and we are highly trained in property damage restoration and in this case, water damage specifically. Here are some steps that can be taken in the event of a flooded home/room:
- Make sure the floor is secure before you start walking through the water or wet areas
- If there is an exposed plug underneath the water, do not walk in that area because electricity can travel through water
- Call SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County to help clean up the flooded area
- Wet floors might be slick so walk slowly to avoid falling and sustaining injuries
We want to make this as easy as possible for the homeowner and reduce the amount of stress they may be feeling.
Independently owned and operated by SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County.