Commercial Flood Insurance in Broomfield
The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) provides flood insurance. The NFIP doesn’t sell insurance. Buy flood insurance from an insurance agent.
SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada is interested in helping the businesses in our community become more educated on flood insurance. According to FEMA, 40% of small businesses do not reopen after experiencing a devastating flood.
Things to know in Broomfield:
Check to see if you might be required to have flood insurance.
Some agencies in Broomfield charge the same for flood insurance
- Standard commercial insurance doesn’t pay for flood damage
- The NFIP sets the rates
- Rates depend on:
- whether you live in a flood plain
- flood risk in your area
- building’s age
- building’s construction
- Building property insurance covers the building
- Personal property insurance covers the building’s contents
- NFIP suggests you need both types
- Policies go into effect 30 days after purchase
- The NFIP help center number is 877-336-2627.
SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada recommends the following:
- Check whether or not your area participates in the NFIP
- Check whether or not your area is part of the Community Rating. The NFIP might have a discount
- Talk to your insurance agent when you need to make changes
Make sure your place of business is protected from the devastation that comes with unwanted flooding.