Navigating Fire Damage: Your Trusted Partner, SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada
Turn-Key in time for Tur-Key!
As we host for the holiday season, the team at SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada is dedicated to providing unmatched fire damage restoration services for both residential and commercial clients. As a turn-key company, we pride ourselves on being your one-stop solution, ensuring a seamless and efficient restoration process from start to finish.
Comprehensive Fire Damage Restoration
When the unexpected strikes, our experienced professionals are equipped to handle all aspects of fire damage restoration. From initial assessment to debris cleanup, structural repairs, and content restoration, SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada is committed to restoring your property to its pre-fire condition.
Your Safety Matters: Fire Damage Safety Tips
This Thanksgiving and throughout the holiday season, we encourage you to stay proactive by implementing fire damage safety tips. Here are some essential guidelines:
Stay vigilant while cooking, especially during holiday preparations. Keep flammable items away from heat sources, and never leave cooking unattended.
Inspect holiday lights for damage and avoid overloading electrical outlets. Turn off decorations when not in use to reduce the risk of electrical fires.
Use candles cautiously, placing them in secure holders away from flammable materials. Always extinguish candles before leaving a room.
Maintain a safe distance between space heaters and combustible materials. Turn off heaters when leaving the room or going to bed.
Your Trusted Partner in Restoration
In the unfortunate event of fire damage, trust SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada to be your reliable partner in restoration. Our 24/7 emergency services ensure a swift response to mitigate further damage and initiate the restoration process promptly.
Contact Us Today! (303) 452-9900
SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada is IICRC Certified
SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada is an IICRC Certified Firm
The IICRC, or The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification, is a nonprofit organization that plays a crucial role in maintaining standards and providing certifications for the inspection, cleaning, and restoration industries. These standards are designed to safeguard not only consumers but also the professionals working in these sectors. With many customers seeking out IICRC certifications, it was imperative for SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada to become a certified IICRC firm. As one of their certified firms, we proudly display their logo, and you can locate us on their Global Locator here.
About SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada
SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada specializes in the cleanup and restoration of both residential and commercial properties following incidents like fire, smoke, or water damage. Additionally, we have the expertise to mitigate mold and mildew concerns in your home or business.
Our Denver Metro area local response team comprises three franchises strategically positioned throughout the Denver/Boulder area, ensuring rapid responses to our clients' needs. With two locations and a wealth of local resources, our teams have been committed to making it "Like it never even happened" since 1980.
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- FSRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- IICRC Certified Firm
- OCT - Odor Control Technician
- OSHA - 10-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- OSHA - 30-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- OSHA - Other Training
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
More recently, our professionals have undergone additional training and certifications, specifically related to COVID-19 decontamination.
Give us a call at 303-452-9900.
Visit our website for more information: https://www.SERVPRObroomfieldarvada.com/restoration-training-certifications
Navigating Storm Damage in Broomfield, CO
SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada team
As a hurricane progresses, the potential for flash floods looms. The National Hurricane Center warns of escalating risks, encompassing hazardous hurricane-force winds, heavy rainfall, and life-threatening storm surges along the Gulf Coast.
Keep in mind that the storm's trajectory, intensity, and course can swiftly alter. A hurricane's impact is not confined solely to its center; flooding, torrential rains, and powerful gusts can extend far beyond. Tragically, nearly 90% of hurricane-related fatalities involve water, according to the National Weather Service.
Hurricanes unleash an array of hazards, including power blackouts, surging water levels, formidable winds, and relentless downpours. Should a storm ravage your Colorado home or business, reach our team at SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada at 303-452-9900. We restore storm damage!
Our technicians at SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada specialize in cleaning and restoring residential and commercial properties after a fire, water, and storm incident.
Our team is well-versed in property damage repairs. We are storm and water damage specialists who will dry your property back to its pre-storm condition effectively. You can be confident that our staff is prepared to restore your property and make it “Like it never even happened.”
We respond immediately to water and storm damage emergencies. A fast response will lessen the damage, limit further damage, and reduce cost. SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada remains accessible 24/7, fully equipped to manage any restoration or cleaning emergency.
Elevate Your Fall Environment with the Certified SERVPRO Clean Program
As the fall season arrives, bringing with it cooler weather and the anticipation of upcoming holidays, businesses and commercial spaces are also preparing for a shift in their cleaning and safety protocols. This is where the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned defensive cleaning program steps in to offer a reliable solution that aligns perfectly with the changing seasons.
The Certified: SERVPRO Clean program, known for its proactive and comprehensive approach to cleaning and disinfection, becomes even more essential as businesses navigate through the fall months. Here's why the program is a perfect match for this time of year:
Cold and Flu Season: Fall often marks the beginning of cold and flu season, with more people spending time indoors and in close proximity. The SERVPRO Certified Clean program's emphasis on thorough disinfection helps reduce the risk of illness transmission in shared spaces, promoting a healthier environment for employees, customers, and visitors.
Changing Weather: With the weather becoming cooler, windows and doors are more likely to be closed, leading to reduced ventilation. The Certified Clean program's deep cleaning and disinfection of air ducts and HVAC systems help maintain indoor air quality and circulation, especially when fresh air circulation decreases.
Fluctuating Foot Traffic: Fall brings changes in foot traffic patterns as schools reopen, people return to work from vacations, and holiday shopping begins. The Certified Clean program provides businesses with the confidence to manage varying levels of foot traffic while upholding stringent cleaning standards.
As businesses prepare to embrace the autumn season, the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned defensive cleaning program offers a comprehensive solution that aligns seamlessly with the unique cleaning challenges and needs of this time of year. With its proactive approach and commitment to maintaining a higher standard of cleanliness, the program ensures that businesses are well-prepared to provide a safe and pleasant environment for everyone during the fall months.
If you're interested in exploring how the SERVPRO Certified Clean program can benefit your business during the fall season and beyond, contact SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada today at 303-452-9900 to arrange a free consultation.
Pet Safety in Case of Fire in Arvada
Take steps to keep your pets safe curing a fire in Adams County, CO.
Fire damage can harm animals just as it can harm people in Arvada. At SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada, we love our pets as much as you love yours. We could not stand to see them injured or killed in a house fire.
SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County shares these ideas with you:
- When you design your fire escape plan, practice with your pets
- If there are fires outside, bring the pets inside. If you have to evacuate, you will be ready to bring the pets with you.
- Know where your pets hide. You may not have time to hunt for them in an emergency.
- Animal-rescue groups and other organizations have pet stickers that you can put on your windows and doors. The stickers tell firefighters how many pets you have, and what kinds.
- Prepare evacuation kits for the pets. These kits can be large plastic bins. Put in copies of their vet records, extra leashes and collars, toys, and food.
SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County reminds you to call the fire department once you are safely outside the home with your furry loved ones. Call (303)452-9900 if you need help restoring fire damage
Late Summer Fire Safety in Adams County, CO
Pine needles and dried leaves can increase risk of your property being affected by fire.
It is summertime in Colorado! While we all love the fun activities that come with this time of year, it is important to remember that fire danger is also a lot higher, especially if you live in a more rural area with trees and vegetation. Feel safe leaving home to go paddleboard or hike Pike’s peak by prepping your house or business to be able to withstand a fire, should it come your way!
FEMA has some great recommendations on how to protect your property:
Roofs are the most at risk part of your property! Shingles and other roofing materials should use Class A non combustible materials. Eaves should have short overhangs and flat edging. Embers can catch on lifted edges or eaves, starting a fire.
Install metal wire mesh to catch embers and keep them from blowing into your vents. Place fire blocks into the foundation and vents to starve any fire of oxygen and prevent fire from spreading.
Create defensible space around your home or business to reduce risk of a fire reaching your property. 30 feet surrounding your home should be cleared of flammable vegetation and other combustible materials. Regularly clear out debris from gutters and rooftops.
Should you be in need of assistance following a fire at your property, SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada is here for you! Call SERVPRO for help with fire damage at (303)452-9900 day or night 365 days a year.
Tips to Stay Safe in Case of a Residential Flood in Adams County
SERVPRO can help with flooded floors in Adams County.
Damage inside of a house is always frustrating, but one of the most stressful situations a homeowner can deal with is a residential flood! In the middle of a disaster like a flooded home, it can be hard to figure out where to start when it comes to cleaning up and restoring the damaged area. That is where SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada comes in. We are ready to help when called and highly trained in property damage restoration and water damage specifically.
Here are some steps that can be taken in the event of a flooded home/room to keep you and your loved ones safe:
- Make sure the floor is secure before you start walking through the water or wet areas
- If there is an exposed plug underneath the water, do not walk in that area because electricity can travel through water
- Call SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County to help clean up the flooded area
- Wet floors might be slick so walk slowly to avoid falling and sustaining injuries
We want to make tough situations as easy as possible for the homeowner and reduce the amount of stress they may be feeling. Call SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada for help with water damage at (303)452-9900.
Got Water Damage? Call SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County
Call SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County for your water damage needs
A home flood can be frustrating and a stressful experience. When it comes to cleaning up and restoring your home, it can be hard to figure out where to start. SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County is Here to Help. Our certified technicians will respond quickly to prevent further damage and begin the water repair and restoration process. In the event of a flooded basement/room, here are some tips that can be taken:
- Before you start to walk through the water damaged areas, make sure the floor is secured and safe
- Call SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County to help clean up the flooded area
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
"Like it never even happened."®
Floods and overflowing water emergencies do not wait for regular business hours, and neither do we. To avoid renting expenses, replacing your carpet, and extra expenses, call for reinforcements. Call SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County for water damage restoration at 303-452-9900.
We are on call 24 hours a day, 7-days a week, including holidays.
Grilling Fire Safety Tips in Broomfield/Arvada
Follow these safety tips to avoid a fire this summer season.
In Broomfield, Colorado, residents spend most of the summertime enjoying outdoor activities, including outdoor cooking, and camping. It is important to follow safety precautions when using the grill or using a fire pit. SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada professionals want you to have an enjoyable and safe summer. Consider the following tips to help ensure your summer celebrations are fire damage free.
- Propane and charcoal barbecue grills should only be used outdoors
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, and deck railings
- Keep your children and pets away from the grill area
- Never leave your grill unattended
- When using a charcoal grill, let the coals completely cool before disposing in a metal container
Enjoy the last days of summer safely!
SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada technicians are the leading experts in fire restoration. We have the skills to help you pack out your belongings as well as storing them until your property has been restored to its original state, "Like it never even happened."®
Quick Response Around Broomfield and Arvada Colorado
In the event your residential or commercial property suffers from fire or water damage, call SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada professionals to help make it “Like it never even happened.” Our certified professionals are here 24/7 to help! 303-452-9900
Learn more: https://www.nfpa.org/Public-Education/Fire-causes-and-risks/Seasonal-fire-causes/Grilling
Spring Cleaning and Fire Protection
Keeping up on cleaning can help prevent fire damage.
Spring is a great time to get your home in order. While you’re in the process of spring cleaning, you can also focus on small things that can help you reduce accidental fires in your home. Fires can occur when you least expect them, but you can prevent them by following some simple guidelines as you do your spring cleaning:
Spring Cleaning Fire Safety Checklist:
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms - Replace smoke and Carbon Monoxide alarm batteries and check them once a month by pressing the test button. Gently clean the alarms and make sure you are following the manufacturer's instructions.
- Kitchen - Keep countertops and stovetops free from grease and clutter. Excess grease and or dirt on the drip pan or stovetop can easily catch fire. Make sure you clean oil and food spills immediately after they happen and wait until the stove is cool and wipe away the oil or food spills. Keep items that could catch fire, such as oven mitts, towels, or wooden utensils away from your stovetop.
- Electrical Cords - Inspect the electrical cords in your home and replace worn or tattered cords. Don’t run cords under carpets or across doorways. This will prevent them from being damaged. Use extension cords only temporarily and plug-in major appliances directly into wall sockets.
- Clothes Dryers - Excess lint in the dryer is the number one cause of clothes dryer fires. Clean the lint that has been collected around the drum before or after each load of laundry. Always use a lint filter and clean it regularly. Move combustible items such as boxes, clothing, and boxes away from your dryer to a safer area.
- Grilling - Clean the grease or fat build-up after every use. Doing this not only reduces the risk of fire but also helps the food cook better. Check the propane tank, hose, and all connection points for leaks. If you smell gas when the grill is on turn off the tank and the burners immediately. If you have a charcoal grill, use only charcoal starter fluid.
- Escape Plan - You should protect your family with an escape plan in the event of a fire or other disaster. The plan should include a map of each home level with two escape routes in each room. Discuss and practice the plan with everyone in your household, including children, and pets in the plan.
While spring cleaning helps you get your house in order, it's also wise to concentrate on jobs that enhance your home's security. Fires can happen when you least anticipate them, but you can help prevent them by following these safety tips to your spring cleaning routine.