Pet Safety in Case of Fire in Arvada
Take steps to keep your pets safe curing a fire in Adams County, CO.
Fire damage can harm animals just as it can harm people in Arvada. At SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada, we love our pets as much as you love yours. We could not stand to see them injured or killed in a house fire.
SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County shares these ideas with you:
- When you design your fire escape plan, practice with your pets
- If there are fires outside, bring the pets inside. If you have to evacuate, you will be ready to bring the pets with you.
- Know where your pets hide. You may not have time to hunt for them in an emergency.
- Animal-rescue groups and other organizations have pet stickers that you can put on your windows and doors. The stickers tell firefighters how many pets you have, and what kinds.
- Prepare evacuation kits for the pets. These kits can be large plastic bins. Put in copies of their vet records, extra leashes and collars, toys, and food.
SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County reminds you to call the fire department once you are safely outside the home with your furry loved ones. Call (303)452-9900 if you need help restoring fire damage
Late Summer Fire Safety in Adams County, CO
Pine needles and dried leaves can increase risk of your property being affected by fire.
It is summertime in Colorado! While we all love the fun activities that come with this time of year, it is important to remember that fire danger is also a lot higher, especially if you live in a more rural area with trees and vegetation. Feel safe leaving home to go paddleboard or hike Pike’s peak by prepping your house or business to be able to withstand a fire, should it come your way!
FEMA has some great recommendations on how to protect your property:
Roofs are the most at risk part of your property! Shingles and other roofing materials should use Class A non combustible materials. Eaves should have short overhangs and flat edging. Embers can catch on lifted edges or eaves, starting a fire.
Install metal wire mesh to catch embers and keep them from blowing into your vents. Place fire blocks into the foundation and vents to starve any fire of oxygen and prevent fire from spreading.
Create defensible space around your home or business to reduce risk of a fire reaching your property. 30 feet surrounding your home should be cleared of flammable vegetation and other combustible materials. Regularly clear out debris from gutters and rooftops.
Should you be in need of assistance following a fire at your property, SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada is here for you! Call SERVPRO for help with fire damage at (303)452-9900 day or night 365 days a year.
Tips to Stay Safe in Case of a Residential Flood in Adams County
SERVPRO can help with flooded floors in Adams County.
Damage inside of a house is always frustrating, but one of the most stressful situations a homeowner can deal with is a residential flood! In the middle of a disaster like a flooded home, it can be hard to figure out where to start when it comes to cleaning up and restoring the damaged area. That is where SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada comes in. We are ready to help when called and highly trained in property damage restoration and water damage specifically.
Here are some steps that can be taken in the event of a flooded home/room to keep you and your loved ones safe:
- Make sure the floor is secure before you start walking through the water or wet areas
- If there is an exposed plug underneath the water, do not walk in that area because electricity can travel through water
- Call SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County to help clean up the flooded area
- Wet floors might be slick so walk slowly to avoid falling and sustaining injuries
We want to make tough situations as easy as possible for the homeowner and reduce the amount of stress they may be feeling. Call SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada for help with water damage at (303)452-9900.
Got Water Damage? Call SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County
Call SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County for your water damage needs
A home flood can be frustrating and a stressful experience. When it comes to cleaning up and restoring your home, it can be hard to figure out where to start. SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County is Here to Help. Our certified technicians will respond quickly to prevent further damage and begin the water repair and restoration process. In the event of a flooded basement/room, here are some tips that can be taken:
- Before you start to walk through the water damaged areas, make sure the floor is secured and safe
- Call SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County to help clean up the flooded area
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
"Like it never even happened."®
Floods and overflowing water emergencies do not wait for regular business hours, and neither do we. To avoid renting expenses, replacing your carpet, and extra expenses, call for reinforcements. Call SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County for water damage restoration at 303-452-9900.
We are on call 24 hours a day, 7-days a week, including holidays.
Grilling Fire Safety Tips in Broomfield/Arvada
Follow these safety tips to avoid a fire this summer season.
In Broomfield, Colorado, residents spend most of the summertime enjoying outdoor activities, including outdoor cooking, and camping. It is important to follow safety precautions when using the grill or using a fire pit. SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada professionals want you to have an enjoyable and safe summer. Consider the following tips to help ensure your summer celebrations are fire damage free.
- Propane and charcoal barbecue grills should only be used outdoors
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, and deck railings
- Keep your children and pets away from the grill area
- Never leave your grill unattended
- When using a charcoal grill, let the coals completely cool before disposing in a metal container
Enjoy the last days of summer safely!
SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada technicians are the leading experts in fire restoration. We have the skills to help you pack out your belongings as well as storing them until your property has been restored to its original state, "Like it never even happened."®
Quick Response Around Broomfield and Arvada Colorado
In the event your residential or commercial property suffers from fire or water damage, call SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada professionals to help make it “Like it never even happened.” Our certified professionals are here 24/7 to help! 303-452-9900
Learn more: https://www.nfpa.org/Public-Education/Fire-causes-and-risks/Seasonal-fire-causes/Grilling
Spring Cleaning and Fire Protection
Keeping up on cleaning can help prevent fire damage.
Spring is a great time to get your home in order. While you’re in the process of spring cleaning, you can also focus on small things that can help you reduce accidental fires in your home. Fires can occur when you least expect them, but you can prevent them by following some simple guidelines as you do your spring cleaning:
Spring Cleaning Fire Safety Checklist:
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms - Replace smoke and Carbon Monoxide alarm batteries and check them once a month by pressing the test button. Gently clean the alarms and make sure you are following the manufacturer's instructions.
- Kitchen - Keep countertops and stovetops free from grease and clutter. Excess grease and or dirt on the drip pan or stovetop can easily catch fire. Make sure you clean oil and food spills immediately after they happen and wait until the stove is cool and wipe away the oil or food spills. Keep items that could catch fire, such as oven mitts, towels, or wooden utensils away from your stovetop.
- Electrical Cords - Inspect the electrical cords in your home and replace worn or tattered cords. Don’t run cords under carpets or across doorways. This will prevent them from being damaged. Use extension cords only temporarily and plug-in major appliances directly into wall sockets.
- Clothes Dryers - Excess lint in the dryer is the number one cause of clothes dryer fires. Clean the lint that has been collected around the drum before or after each load of laundry. Always use a lint filter and clean it regularly. Move combustible items such as boxes, clothing, and boxes away from your dryer to a safer area.
- Grilling - Clean the grease or fat build-up after every use. Doing this not only reduces the risk of fire but also helps the food cook better. Check the propane tank, hose, and all connection points for leaks. If you smell gas when the grill is on turn off the tank and the burners immediately. If you have a charcoal grill, use only charcoal starter fluid.
- Escape Plan - You should protect your family with an escape plan in the event of a fire or other disaster. The plan should include a map of each home level with two escape routes in each room. Discuss and practice the plan with everyone in your household, including children, and pets in the plan.
While spring cleaning helps you get your house in order, it's also wise to concentrate on jobs that enhance your home's security. Fires can happen when you least anticipate them, but you can help prevent them by following these safety tips to your spring cleaning routine.
Are you Choosing the Right Restoration Company?
SERVPRO is the right choice to help with storm damage.
Are you Choosing the Right Restoration Company?
Storms may leave you confused, scared, and frustrated if you’re dealing with damage. You might feel compelled to hire whichever restoration company is recommended by your insurance company. However, you are under no obligation to use your insurer’s choice for disaster restoration services.
Three hallmarks of a reliable and respected restoration company include:
- Experienced, local, and licensed: After a natural disaster or storm, Broomfield and Adam’s County Colorado is inundated with out-of-state companies claiming to have restoration experience. It’s best to hire a local company with years of experience in the area and local customer referrals. The company should be fully licensed and certified as proof that they meet the requirements to perform restoration services.
- Outstanding customer service: In a time of intense stress, it’s important to work with a compassionate service provider that will outline your options, help through the restoration process, and coordinate with your insurance company. Start by checking out the company’s customer reviews. SERVPRO has numerous 5-star reviews attesting to our customer care.
- Certified by IICRC: The IICRC is the leading governing body of the restoration industry. An IICRC certification means that the company has completed rigorous training and testing and provides the highest quality of cleaning and restoration work.
When disaster strikes, trust our team to repair the damage. Locally owned and operated, SERVPRO of Broomfield /Arvada has served the restoration and remodeling needs of Broomfield/ NW Arvada County for over 40 years. Our commitment to customer service and quality work has made us one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
We are IICRC certified and licensed to respond to any storm with emergency 24/7 service. Trust the experienced and compassionate experts at SERVPRO to take care of you and your property after a crisis. Call us at (303)452-9900 for immediate service.
What to Know When Disaster Strikes Your Commercial Property
SERVPRO can help restore your business in Adams County, CO.
Why is Commercial Disaster Restoration Important?
Most businesses are affected by a significant loss of power or water in a disaster. Our commercial and large loss restoration specialists respond to these critical situations quickly to help ensure your business can get back on its feet. No power, no water? Without power, your business is down and running on a generator. You need electricity to keep the machines on or computers running and file your invoices or pay your suppliers. Without power, you’re no longer able to clean rooms, service equipment or offer any other amenities to your guests. A drop in water pressure or low flow? Without water, you can’t properly clean or sanitize your facilities. Without water, the health department can close the facility.
What Happens to Your Company when Disaster Strikes?
Your team and business could have been destroyed or severely damaged when disaster strikes. We'll evaluate the damage and advise you on how to deal with your business disaster. Our technicians are experts in handling most all types of commercial property restoration and recovery. We can help you put things back together as quickly as possible. You can rest assured that your damaged assets will be removed from your property and restored to working condition, safely and securely. Commercial disasters could include fires, floods, severe weather, electrical storms, explosions, structural collapses, earthquake tremors, natural disasters or man-made calamities like fires, floods and explosions.
What to Expect When You Call Us
If your business or property is affected by a flood, fire, earthquake, tornado, hurricane or power outage, you need expert commercial and large loss restoration services. Our qualified and experienced restoration experts assess the situation, design a restoration plan to meet your needs, and act quickly. This happens within the first 72 hours. During this initial time period, we identify the damage, pinpoint the specific loss, create a restoration schedule to identify and repair issues within your damaged space, prepare supplies and equipment, and contact insurance adjusters to assess your policy coverage and damages. Our recovery specialists work closely with you to help you through the repair and renovation process.
Call (303)452-9900 for help from SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada.
Stay Safe During Storms in Westminster, CO
Stay safe during storms in Westminster, CO.
SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada understands that floods are a common natural disaster in the U.S. Flooding can happen near major bodies of water, but also inland. They can come with no warning which is known as a “flash flood.” They can also develop quickly or slowly near your Westminster home or office.
- Come from rain, snow, hurricanes, tornadoes, and storm surges
- Can cause power or water outages
- Damage buildings
- Make roads impassable
- Sweep away people, animals, or cars
- Overflows of dams or other water systems
- Create landslides
If you are in a flood in Westminster:
- If you have a warning, get to a safe place
- Don’t drive around barricades
- Don’t walk, swim, or drive through flood waters.
- Six inches of moving water can knock a person down. Twelve inches of moving water can sweep a car away
- Stay off bridges over fast-moving water. The water can wash bridges away
- If your car is trapped in quickly moving water, stay inside. If the water rises inside the vehicle, climb onto the roof
- If you are trapped in a building, go to the highest level. Do NOT climb into a closed attic. Floodwater can trap you. Go to the roof only if there is no other escape
Continuing Education Classes for Adams County and Surrounding Areas
We bring in specialists to aid in the education of our staff and community.
Are you an insurance agent, insurance adjuster, or real estate professional looking to improve your knowledge of emergency mitigation? If you are, SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada wants you to know about the ongoing continuing education classes we offer to our Adams County community and franchise staff.
We recognize the importance ongoing training plays in keeping staff, real estate agents, and insurance adjusters up to speed on current industry standards as well as new advances in technology.
We are committed to providing continuing education classes that will deepen your understanding of restoration topics such as:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Understanding Mold in the Restoration Industry
- Restorative Drying for Loss Control
- Mitigation Awareness Response Seminar (non-credit course)
SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada wants Broomfield and Arvada residents to know that we are proud of the training we require our restoration specialists to undergo and we are proud to offer these continuing education classes at our facility. Our staff and team are highly trained in residential and commercial property damage restoration. We have the skills and specialized equipment to restore your home or business to preloss condition. Call us today at (303)452-9900 and we’ll take care of your property damage in Northglenn to make it, “Like it never even happened.”