What to do if you have anxiety during thunderstorms and lightning in Broomfield
Have you ever experienced Astraphobia? Although Astraphobia has not been officially recognized by the American Psychiatric Association (APA), it is classified as an extreme fear of thunder and lightning. People who have anxiety in this area may experience panic during thunderstorms. Thunderstorms and lightning can set off a person’s alarm bells.
SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada offers these guides to Coping with PTSD During Storms:
The Best Strategy is to Be Prepared:
- Take care of your emotional health. See a therapist. Learn relaxation exercises. When you feel anxious, you can relax yourself
- Know when a thunderstorm is likely. Plan what you will do during a thunderstorm
- Take care of your physical health. Eat a healthy diet. Get enough sleep. Do not rely on alcohol or other drugs. Do not smoke or chew tobacco
During a Thunderstorm in Broomfield:
- Slow down your breathing
- Look around. Notice where you are. Notice that you are in a safe place
- Distract yourself from the storm. Wear headphones and listen to music. Sit in a pop-up tent
- Talk with someone you trust
SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada is independently owned and operated.