Smoke Detection Maintenance Tips for Westminster
Did you know that it is best to use interconnected smoke alarms? These alarms will all sound at once alerting everyone to the present danger. Residential and commercial business owners of Westminster can make interconnected smoke alarms an integral part of their fire safety plan. SERVPRO® of Broomfield/NW Adams County offers these tips from the National Fire Prevention Association that will provide early warning detection of a fire:
- Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room and outside each separate sleeping area
- Large homes may need extra smoke alarms
- Test all smoke alarms at least once a month
- A smoke alarm should be on the ceiling or high on a wall.
- Keep smoke alarms away from the kitchen to reduce false alarms. They should be at least 10 feet (3 meters) from the stove
- People who are hard-of-hearing or deaf can use special alarms. These alarms have strobe lights and bed shakers
- Replace all smoke alarms when they are 10 years old
Smoke alarms save thousands of lives each year and should be part of the fire escape plan. Make sure that everyone knows the plan and where to meet outside if evacuation is necessary. SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County wants to make sure that Westminster is prepared! Call us at 303-452-9900.
SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County is independently owned and operated.