Storms and Snow Melt Can Cause Flooding in and Around Adams County
This time of year can bring storms and snow melt that could cause flooding in your home or business.
There are many areas in and around Broomfield that flood during heavy rainstorms and rapid snowmelt, causing local streets and basements to flood. The city and county of Broomfield, Colorado offers a Citizen's All hazard Preparedness Guide, a compilation of emergency checklists and tips from national agencies in the U.S. Sometimes flood evacuation is necessary, and SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada offers these tips to the residents of Adams County for safely returning home after a flood:
- Do not turn electricity back on if you smell gas or if the electric system has been flooded
- Wear sturdy work boots and gloves
- Do not handle electric equipment in wet areas
- Use flashlights to check buildings containing natural gas, propane, or gasoline
- Follow directions from local authorities regarding the safety of drinking water
- Clean and disinfect everything that was touched by flood waters
- Throw out any food that came in contact with floodwaters
- Report broken utility lines to the utility company
- Keep tuned to your radio or television station for advice and instructions from local authorities on where get assistance
Call Us Today
If you discover storm damage in your home or business, SERVPRO of Broomfield/Arvada wants to help. We are on call 24 hours a day and can be on site in fours hours of your call to begin the cleanup and restoration process. Call us today at (303)452-9900.