Winter Fire Prevention Tips for Broomfield
Did you know that there have been more than 5,000 winter fires in the US in one month this season? Residential and commercial business owners in Broomfield can take preventative measures to protect their properties from winter fires. SERVPRO® of Broomfield/NW Adams County offers these important tips from the National Fire Protection Agency to avoid a fire this winter:
- Keep anything that can burn at least 3 feet from all heat sources including fireplaces, wood stoves, radiators, space heaters or candles
- Never use an oven to heat your home
- Turn space heaters off when leaving the room or going to bed
- Maintaining heating equipment and chimneys by having them cleaned and inspected each year by a professional
- Have a three-foot “kid-free zone” around open fires and space heaters.
- Always use the right kind of fuel, specified by the manufacturer, for fuel-burning space heaters.
- Test smoke alarms at least once a month.
It’s also important to create an escape plan. Practice the plan with everyone at least twice a year. Choose a designated spot outside to meet in the event of an emergency. These are just some of the examples of how to stay safe this winter season. SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County wants to make sure that Broomfield is prepared! “Like it never even happened.” Call us at 303-452-9900.
SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County is independently owned and operated.