Smoke Detectors can Save Lives in Broomfield
A properly installed smoke alarm alerts you that danger is present in your home giving you time to get to safety. SERVPRO® of Broomfield/NW Adams County knows that fire is fast once it is started.
SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County wants you to remember:
- Closed doors can slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire. That is good for reducing smoke damage and fire damage. That is also why you should have a smoke alarm in every sleeping room in the home
- Install smoke alarms on every level of the home
- Do not turn off smoke detectors when cooking
- Test the smoke alarms at least once a month. There is a test button on the alarm
- Replace all smoke alarms every 10 years
- Large homes might need extra smoke alarms
- Some companies make alarms that are interconnected. When one sounds, they all sound
- When the alarm sounds, get everyone outside and stay outside
If your Broomfield home is not properly protected by a smoke detector, please install one. If you experience a fire, immediately vacate the home and then contact your fire department once you are outside the home.
SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County is independently owned and operated.