Tips to Prevent Kitchen Fires in Northglenn
SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County understands that cooking equipment is a leading cause of fire damage and fire injuries in your Northglenn home.
To help prevent fire damage, SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County would love to share these tips with you!
- Many kitchen items can catch fire, including: dish towels, oven mitts, recipes, wooden tools, and loose clothing
- Never operate the stove or oven when you are tired or have been drinking alcohol
- If you are frying, broiling, grilling, or boiling food, stay in the kitchen. If you leave, even for a short time, turn off the heat
- Keep flammable items at least three feet from the stove top
- Do not allow children within two to four feet of the stove or oven
- If you must leave the house while cooking of any kind, turn off the heat sources
- Toaster ovens are more dangerous than people think, so keep a close eye on those as well
Remember that fire is fast. If you cannot contain a fire immediately, leave and bring everyone with you. Call 9-1-1 from outside the home.
SERVPRO of Broomfield/NW Adams County reminds you that fire prevention is the best strategy against fire damage.